GT BLACK SERIES
mercedes for sale in dubai
It is a high-performance variant of the Mercedes-AMG GT and was officially revealed on YouTube channel on 9 July 2020.
M178 engine in this variant is tuned to an output of 537 kW (730 PS; 720 hp) at 6,700-6,900 rpm and 800 N⋅m (590 lb⋅ft) of torque at 2,000-6,000 rpm.
Referred to as the M178 LS2, the engine has a slightly higher redline at 7,200 rpm compared to the GT R’s 7,000 rpm, and uses a flat-plane crankshaft instead of a cross-plane crankshaft, turning out in different firing order.
Additionally, the M178 LS2 uses a larger compressor wheel, resulting in an increase in boost from the GT R’s 19.6 psi to 24.6 psi.
GT Black Series accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds and has a claimed top speed of 325 km/h (202 mph). And, in addition to
suspension is unique, with a carbon-fibre anti-roll bar with two adjustment settings for the front axle, and an iron anti-roll bar with three adjustment settings for the rear axle.
Like previous Black Series vehicles, the camber is manually adjustable for both the front and rear axles.
Handling has been improved with carbon-fibre panels at the front and rear, as well as carbon-ceramic brake rotors and Black Series specific brake pads.
A wing has an active aero flap, and contributes to a total maximum downforce of more than 400 kg (882 lb) at 249 km/h (155 mph). Michelin Pilot Cup 2 R tires are specific to the car, and are available in M01A soft and M02 hard compounds.
Carbon-fibre is used extensively for most of the body, including the hood, roof, hatch and underbody.
Exterior gains an enlarged grille, based on the Mercedes-AMG GT3, large air outlets on the hood, manually adjustable front splitter, and upgraded rear wing as part of a major aerodynamic kit. Interior features standard AMG performance bucket seats, and uses microfiber for the steering wheel, door and instrument panels.
On 4 November 2020, The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series recorded a lap time of 6:43.616 with driver Maro Engel behind the wheel at the Nürburgring Nordschleife, making it the fastest lap time ever recorded for a road-legal production vehicle around the track at the time.
- length 181.3 in
- Overall height 50.4 in
- width (w/mirrors) 81.7 in
- width (w/o mirrors) 79.7 in
- Track width (front) 66.7 in
- Track width (rear) 66.7 in
- Wheelbase 103.7 in
- Coefficient of drag Info NA
- Curb weight 3,616 lbs
- Passenger capacity : 2
- Headroom : 39.5 in
- Legroom Info : NA
- Shoulder room : 58.3 in
- Cargo capacity Info : NA
- Engine Handcrafted : 4.0L AMG V8 biturbo
- Power : 720 hp @ 6,700-6, 900 rpm
- Torque : 590 lb-ft @ 2,000-6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio : 8.6:1
- Construction : Diecast alloy block and heads
- Fuel requirement : Premium unleaded gasoline
- Capacity : 19.8 gallons
- City fuel economy : 15 mpg disclaimer†
- Highway fuel economy : 20 mpg Disclaimer†<
- Emission certification : Bin125/ULEV125
- Automatic transmission 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT® DCT dual-clutch rear-mounted transaxle
- Acceleration : 0-60 mph 3.1 sec
- Suspension 4-wheel independent double wishbone with forged aluminum arms, knuckles and hub carriers.
- Electronically controlled twin-valve shock absorbers with 3-stage adaptive damping (Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes). Manually adjustable front and rear camber and coil-over springs.
- Steering type Variable-ratio rack-and-pinion with speed-sensing power assist
- Turning circle TBA
- Wheels 10.0×19-inch front/12.0×20-inch rear AMG® Black Series forged 10-spoke
- Tires 285/35ZR19 front and 335/30ZR20 rear, extreme performance
SIXTH IN A SUPERLATIVE SERIES
An AMG Black Series only rarely escapes to the street. The 720-hp AMG GT is the sixth example of this superlative driver’s car, created from bespoke performance enhancements drawn directly from motorsports.